• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

wychwood rogue

Lewis Anderson

Has anybody on here got any of these rods im looking to buy a pair of 1.75 or 2.00 heard Mixed reviews some good some bad!

Cheers

I have used these rods in 1:75 for a few years and never had any problems with them and I am hard on my tackle, IMO cannot be beaten for the price.

My lad uses the Rogue and it's never let him down, tad heavy perhaps. I have the Wychwood Rapier which is a really nice rod that is a dead ringer for the free spirit. The Rapier was discontinued a few years back (why do they do that?) but there is the occasional one that pops up.

Don't worry about a thing, worth every penny and more.

Last edited:
Some people have described them as good as a 120 pound rod some say they are just a good rod for the money!

Have you looked at the rods Lewis? I mean actually picked one up, I think that's the only way you will decide, no amount of reviews will confirm if it is a good buy or not. Also take along your reel that you might marry the rod up to, see if it is balanced, or just looks and feels right.

Has anybody on here got any of these rods im looking to buy a pair of 1.75 or 2.00 heard Mixed reviews some good some bad!

Cheers

Lewis,

I have both the 1.75 & the 2's and rate them very very highly. A nice short cork handle and a matt finished blank, as Neil say's a tad heavy but not enough to cause problems to me. You're local to me, either a Man of Kent or a Kentishman !!! ? If you would like to compare them or even borrow one for an evening to fish with you will be welcome. Drop me a PM if you want to meet up.
I'm a Kentishman living in Crayford ( not far from Tunnel/Bridge at Dartford).

Regards

Bill W

I use a set of the 2's all the time, suit me as I'm a bit hard on my tackle and they're pretty much bullet proof.

However if you're the type who likes to sit and hold the rod they are a bit heavy.

Thanks for the offer bill I may take you up on that offer if my local shop has none in! Do you find yourself using the 1.75 more than the 2.00 or other way round?

lewis tackle2u Bradford selling these in 1.5 1.75 & 2.0lb £63 each buy 2 and get free delivery :).free phone 0800 0 24 7722 is what it say on their wed site

Thanks for the offer bill I may take you up on that offer if my local shop has none in! Do you find yourself using the 1.75 more than the 2.00 or other way round?
This summer Lewis it's been the 1.75's because of the low water and thus smaller weights and feeders but last winter when we had some water running it was the 2's and used them on Medway, Wye, Trent and Hants Avon

Just went to the tackle shop, they only had the 1.5 tc in stock so had a waggle !! Felt like a higher test curve! probably that extra bit of weight but its definitely a nice rod ill shall be buying a pair

Lewis,

I have both the 1.75 & the 2's and rate them very very highly. A nice short cork handle and a matt finished blank, as Neil say's a tad heavy but not enough to cause problems to me. You're local to me, either a Man of Kent or a Kentishman !!! ? If you would like to compare them or even borrow one for an evening to fish with you will be welcome. Drop me a PM if you want to meet up.
I'm a Kentishman living in Crayford ( not far from Tunnel/Bridge at Dartford).

Regards

Bill W

Bill, you are a credit to this site mate, a true gent........:)

Many thanks Nick...:eek:

What size reels is everyone using with theirs?
Shimano 4000 Lewis, balances nicely.....do have a look at the 1.75 before buying the 1.5 though ...offer still stands to meet and have a wiggle of 1.75/2lb...:)

Last edited:
Back