• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Wychwood Extricator 9ft Stalking Rod

Peter Robinson

I wondered if anyone has an opinion,good or bad,on the Wychwood Extricator 9ft 2.75lb test curve stalking rod.At £38 from my local tackle shop,I was considering buying a pair to use for piking from a boat.
Thanks.
Pete

Not wanting to hijack your thread Pete, but I've just picked up a pair of 9ft 2.5tc Carp 'stalking' rods from dragon carp.....for £10 each.

They seem to be out of stock of the one's I brought at the moment, but they are selling the slightly more expensive one's for £29.

If your not bothered about the 'name' they seem perfect for the job..... ;)

Steve

Hi Lewis,
Thanks for your reply,which was just what I wanted to hear.Had a trawl through the comments on Carp Forum,and haven't seen anything negative about them.My credit card is cowering in the corner as it knows it's in for another caning:p.
Thanks again.

Pete.

A rod like that would be excellent for canal piking & carping.

I bought one of these for my lad, cracking little rod which has landed carp to nearly 30lb for the boy.

Thanks guys for all your comments,all of which are favourable,which is great.I needed a stalking rod that won't break the bank,then thought if it would double as a piking boat rod,which you've all confirmed it will,I might as well get a pair.
Just need one more Fox boat rod rest to go with them......anyone got one gathering dust.
Thanks again for your inputs,much appreciated.

Pete.

Hi peter, was gonna start a new thread but found this one so thought I would ask how you got on with them, after them as a stalker but mainly as a carp rod for my son as he struggles with my 12ft 2.3/4's.

Many Thanks,

Andy.

Whilst we are on the subject, i've just joined a syndicate with some stalking opportunities so i'm in the market.

Anyone got the 6ft extricator? Any comments on any other stalking rods like the greys? Your thoughts would be appreciated.

Whilst we are on the subject, i've just joined a syndicate with some stalking opportunities so i'm in the market.

Anyone got the 6ft extricator? Any comments on any other stalking rods like the greys? Your thoughts would be appreciated.

A friend has had both the 6' and 9' Wychwoods very nice rods, he swapped the 6' for the 9' as he didn't like the way it handled?? blaming tools etc.

Hi Lewis,
Thanks for your reply,which was just what I wanted to hear.Had a trawl through the comments on Carp Forum,and haven't seen anything negative about them.My credit card is cowering in the corner as it knows it's in for another caning:p.
Thanks again.

Pete.

You may as well scare your credit and get one of these with it.:D

daiwa.jpg

Bought a Sonik 9ft 2.5lb today - nice looking rod with what seems like a nice action, not too stiff but with plenty of power. Might be worth a look at.

£60 from Eric's as well :)

Back