• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Wychwood double top barbel rod HELP.

Gerry Everett

Does anyone have a wychwood double top barbel rod (1.5lb t/c + 2lb t/c). I've bought one on the Bay and I can't tell the difference between the two tops. Is there a way of knowing other than doing a physical check with weights? I can't find any marking on either top.

I have a Wychwood twin tip with a 1.75 and 2lb section, have found the 1.75 very floppy, and the 2lb seems made for the bottom half! You may find that one half suits much better than the other.... Oh and the markings are on the bottom of the tip sections, but yours may have been rubbed off??

Last edited:
Thanks for replying,Shaun, but Ithink your'e talking about a different rod, yours having a 1.75lb tip section. Mine is the 'Double Top Barbel rod' with a softer tip of 1.5lb (supposedly). I believe it's a fairly old rod, but still quite popular. Like your website, incidentally.

Thanks Gerry, I am sure you will find one tip section suits better than the other! Good luck with finding out!!;)

I use a pair of these sometimes and like Shaun said mine are marked on the bottom of the tip sections.Mine are the same as yours 1.5/2
Phil.W

Thanks for replying,Shaun, but Ithink your'e talking about a different rod, yours having a 1.75lb tip section. Mine is the 'Double Top Barbel rod' with a softer tip of 1.5lb (supposedly). I believe it's a fairly old rod, but still quite popular. Like your website, incidentally.

Welcome Gerry, you have certainly come to the correct site for oodles of information from many helpful contributors. Keep the posts coming there's always someone on line waiting to give advice and help.

Back