• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Wychwood barbel rod wanted

Rob,
Give Bleak Hall in Kempston a ring, they may have one,,,,,,,,,,,,,
Nick

Think Rob is after the Rapier, much better qlty blank than those of today, think they then did the Signature,then the Rogue or the other way round ! both those are matt black blanks but the Rapier was a high modulus blank, they did several variants, twin top and a twin tip, twin top was 1.5/2 and they did a 1.5 and 1.75 twin tip I believe, the twin top 2lb was quite a pokey rod if \I remember, looked at them all in the shop I mentioned but decided on an Insight when I did buy.

I will try and post up some pics for you Rob, not used it this season so suppose could go, served me well.

I also have an old Wychwood Extremis 1.5 great action, very rare rods.

You have jogged my memory Neil, the Extremis was in between the release of the Rapier and the Rogue, same blank I think(high modulus) so Rob, go for that as well.

171381048293 eBay no.

i've got a 12 foot wychwood barbel extremis that i'm happy to let go. i picked it up at a car boot sale for £35 and will sell it on at that price if anyone is interested. it's as new and doesn't look like its ever been used. buyer to pay the p&p

Back