• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Wychwood 3 Rod Quiver

Stephen Scaysbrook

Im looking at getting a Wychwood Solace 3 rod quiver but I cant see on any picture on the web how big the but pockets are can any one help. The problem I've got is that I recently bought a Korum 3 rod quiver but the but pockets are very small and tight.
I dont put my rods in a quiver tip to butt I put the thickest part of the top section to the but then put them in the butt pocket (if you get my drift) and on the top section there is a guide that needs to go into the pocket but I'm damaging the guide because the pocket is to tight.
So if any one has a Wychwood quiver are the pockets big enough for me to use Ias I would like.
Sorry for the long winded ness of this but I dont want to buy another quiver and have the same problem and I really dont like putting tip to butt.
A picture would also paint a 1000 words.
Thanks for any help on this one
Scaz

Get a Korum 5 rod quiver and cut the thread between two of the pockets making a "3 rod quiver" with two large pockets and a standard size spare. Its what I did to mine.
Quiver.jpg

Thanks Mark. I was thinking of doing that to my 3 rod quiver because I mostly only use one rod and would still be able to get two on if needed but I also have other quivers that can be used if I want to take more than one rod.

Back