• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

WWF - UK Rivers Map

No, Jason - about as healthy as the interest in this thread. Though the otter takes all the flak, there are plenty of other reasons for the downturn in the barbel population, more generally.

Aaaah, was thinking I couldn't get it to work...but just zoomed right out and seen all the red areas. I was focusing in on the Teme valley, and so the first two times I looked at map all I could see was healthy, healthy, healthy.
Hmmmm, Teme's ok, just full of otters. A couple came the 4 miles up a stream to empty my neighbours garden pond of Koi. £1k's gone...all they left was part eaten carcasses (and loads of prints, and spraint). Cheeky blighters eh.

Aaaah, was thinking I couldn't get it to work...but just zoomed right out and seen all the red areas. I was focusing in on the Teme valley, and so the first two times I looked at map all I could see was healthy, healthy, healthy.
Hmmmm, Teme's ok, just full of otters. A couple came the 4 miles up a stream to empty my neighbours garden pond of Koi. £1k's gone...all they left was part eaten carcasses (and loads of prints, and spraint). Cheeky blighters eh.

Bloody hell Terry, that's a fair trek uphill to where you are isn't it?

Interesting to see my local stretch of canal is in better condition than the Severn (poor to moderate) :(

Yep, the best of it was..I'd been talking to my neighbour about little egrets, kingfishers etc on the Teme when I mentioned the otters down there. Well he was really excited, telling me how much he loved otters but had never seen them in the wild, and asked if I'd take him down there to see them. But a week later, before I'd had chance to take him down there...they paid him a visit (nice of them eh ;) ) They travelled up Dumbleton Brook, leaving prints where they left/entered the stream, and into his garden which was only feet away. There they killed everything, maybe £3,000 worth of Koi.
He no longer loves otters :D:eek::D (BTW I prefer otters to my neighbour! :eek:)

I keep looking at the map. I focus down to a river, and I see nothing but the map. If I click on the river concerned, it gives a little pop up that names the stretch concerned. Beyond that, I see nothing. I dare say that it's a flash/browser/security issue, but I'm not inclined to rectify it. If others are having similar issues, it might be the reason why there seems to be a lack of interest.

Think you have to zoom in, then zoom out...then you get red 'blotches' over the 'unhealthy' areas.

Back