• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

worm charmer

Colin Bridger

Has anyone got one of those worm charmers that you stick in the ground and then turn a handle on the top? I think it was in an Avanti advert in one of the weekly angling papers for £29.99.
Do they work?

ATB
Colin

Has anyone got one of those worm charmers that you stick in the ground and then turn a handle on the top? I think it was in an Avanti advert in one of the weekly angling papers for £29.99.
Do they work?

ATB
Colin

Hi there's a video on YouTube of it and it's actually used as a sport in another country think if you type in worminiser it will come up.
Thanks

Do they work?

ATB
Colin

Warm soapy water or a garden fork wiggled about a bit, charms the socks right off the things:)

Stephen

Hi there's a video on YouTube of it and it's actually used as a sport in another country think if you type in worminiser it will come up.
Thanks

I tried this but accidentally typed in womaniser. I suppose dangling worms features somewhere in this.....

Warm soapy water or a garden fork wiggled about a bit, charms the socks right off the things:)

Stephen

You just need to make sure the bucket you put the water in, hasn't had bleech in it, otherwise the area of grass dies and stays like that for a good while (i know).

Back