• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Wmac

Neil Smart

I seemed to recall a thread on this company, the crux of it was a member was having problems with refunds, but I cant find it on 'search'. My son ordered a Shimano barbel rod from them last week, only to be told to-day (email) it is out of stock, and the paypal will be refunded...ha! you guessed it has not.
Now what really concerns me is that they have a tel no on their website, but it doesn't work:mad:... that worries me, a lot.
Can anyone advise if this company has cleaned up their act or do I have to pay them a visit :eek:

yeah - thats the one. It wouldnt surprise me if they didnt have it in stock as the last time i was in there they had next to no rods on display and very little in the way of 'branded' tackle of any sort.

yeah - thats the one. It wouldnt surprise me if they didnt have it in stock as the last time i was in there they had next to no rods on display and very little in the way of 'branded' tackle of any sort.
Hi Justin,
I tried 'ordering' the same Shimano rod, and it took me all the way to the final payment stage before I aborted...so they know they have nil stock and still willing to take orders.
I have reported them to Trading Standards this p.m, as it seems they are fleecing folk, perhaps that the original payment was Paypal means we have recourse to get the money back.

Hi Neil..with PayPal you should be ok. Have had probs before with suppliers and PayPal were great. Just let them know your prob ASAP.
Hope you're well & happy mate (well, outside of this WMAC sh*t)
ATB
Terry

It's going back a while now, but I ordered a brolly off them which turned up faulty. I sent it back and they said they didn't have any more in stock for a month or so, and that I could wait until then or have my money back. Naturally I went for the latter!
Wouldn't go near them again.

If they only promised a paypal refund today, even if they did it today, you are unlikely to see it for about five days. That's down to the way paypal works.

Hi Neil..with PayPal you should be ok. Have had probs before with suppliers and PayPal were great. Just let them know your prob ASAP.
Hope you're well & happy mate (well, outside of this WMAC sh*t)
ATB
Terry

Hi Terry, I feel a bit daft in forgetting WMAC's track record especially in than on here there were some issues raised, I even rang up one of the Directors in trying to help another member from Worcester :eek: but Anthony was pressing for the new rod, but I have covered it by getting ordering the same rod and £5 cheaper from another site.
What angers me is the telephone numbers they give are extinct, but at least it is a Paypal transaction, but I would happily pay them a visit.

Haven't fished at all since March 14th ,weather been so poor for the ponds, but loads to do with work and a bit of decorating to stack up the Brownie points

Well up for that little River again in June just hope the levels will still be good, it fished well the back end of last season with a drop of rain. Don't forget the subs are due by the end of May if you intend renewing.

If they only promised a paypal refund today, even if they did it today, you are unlikely to see it for about five days. That's down to the way paypal works.

Thanks Chris, I realised the other week that any funds paid in is delayed, I sold (for the first time) on ebay a Honda mower for £520 (well chuffed) :) through paypal, and had to wait 5 days for the transfer!! Which begs the question why I didn't buy Torrix? :)

It's going back a while now, but I ordered a brolly off them which turned up faulty. I sent it back and they said they didn't have any more in stock for a month or so, and that I could wait until then or have my money back. Naturally I went for the latter!
Wouldn't go near them again.

Never thought of you as a 'Wally with a Brolly', just as well then Rhys:D

Update...WMAC now tackleoutlet.co.uk, spoke with a Nadine who said system was 'down' yesterday and the refund will be within the hour.....

We'll see.

Back