• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

winter suit

Anthony Kent

Hi all,
I’m looking to buy a new winter suit, and at the moment in the running is a SUNDRIDGE IGLOO MK6 and a WYCHWOOD EPIC 3-IN-1 SUIT, and would appreciate any advice on this subject please.
Thanks in anticipation.

Just to throw a spanner in the works here, you guys who fish steep treacherous banks, ever considered a flotation suit? Just may prevent some poor guy with a blue pointed hat getting put off his dinner!

Do the Smerfs get upset by anglers falling in then Kevin :eek:

Cheers, Dave

P.S

Can't see what that's got to do with it though, 'cos they were blue...but they had white hats, come to think of it, lol.

Last edited:
Just to throw a spanner in the works here, you guys who fish steep treacherous banks, ever considered a flotation suit? Just may prevent some poor guy with a blue pointed hat getting put off his dinner!

Although this topic has been done to death in the past, Glasgow Angling Centre are doing a floatation suit, Fisheagle for £80. Reviews ain't bad.

Although this topic has been done to death in the past, Glasgow Angling Centre are doing a floatation suit, Fisheagle for £80. Reviews ain't bad.

Ah, Jim Newboy, isntit, see.
Fladden, (Sorry Jim I know what a sensitive soul you are.) do a very good for the money two piece. Its not as warm but a little more versatile in the perspiration stakes.

Last edited:
feed 'Winter suits' into the search facility Anthony...you may want to look at the 'Iglu suits' as well while you are there.

The latest iglu suit (the Mk.6 you are looking at) is not rated as highly as some of the earlier incarnations, because apparently it is not made as well, and doesn't have the same features.

Cheers, Dave.

Last edited:
I always preferred the winter 'suites' :D

I bought the Sundridge 2 seater recliner!

To save those who don't want to read the ballwarmer suite thread again. Sundridge Igloo MKV is very nice indeed, had mine 4 seasons and apart from the scratch and sniff bait history (the suit stays in the van and apparently dances on the unhooking mat late at night when I'm not looking) it's still nice and warm as toast and keeps the rain off.

Rarely do I feel the need for a brolly, although these last few weeks I've stayed home!

Any one know anything about the Sundridge Specimen Active suit ? I have one and just wondered if it is rated as breathable ?

Nick...judging by their web site, and the fact that the odd shop with any in stock are talking about 'last remaining few', I would say it is a discontinued line. So, you are not likely to find out much other than that in the original sales blurb...and that does NOT mention it being breathable, which it surely would claim if it were.

There was one sold recently on ebay which the seller claimed he was selling on because he just wanted a waterproof suit...but it turned out when he bought it to be a flotation suit :confused: I doubt that is true either, because that also is not mentioned in the blurb, and again it surely would be if it were.

Unless someone has got one and comes forward, I guess you are stuck with the knowledge you have. I would say that if it doesn't mention it on the label in the garment...then it isn't. The best thing is to try it out...if it does what you want, it really doesn't matter either way :)

Cheers, Dave.

Back