• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Winter socks

Nigel Roberts

Best socks for the winter months ahead?

Seal-skinz will definitely keep your feet dry, but if I wear mine with wellingtons, the moisture is trapped in the outer layer and my feet get very cold when the temperatures drop.

I bought a pair from Matalan a while back. Not sure what they are called but its like wearing carpet on your feet! Very warm and only £6! I think their called heat seekers.

Thanks for all the reply`s ,will check them out thanks.

I used a pair of the Heat Holders last weekend for the first time and thought they were very good and less than a quarter the price of some mentioned.
Not sure how they'll stand up to the wear and tear though compaired to some of the Marino wool socks but so far so good.

Another vote for the Heat Holder (long) socks.

I have a couple of pairs of Brasher socks from hillwalking and although they don't come cheap they last a lifetime. That said, once I reach the swim and have set up I start to add layers and switch to the thermal gear, Heat Holders included.

Stephen

Are you sure you typed socks right in your search ? :D

Back