• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Who's out this weekend and chasing what?

Derren Burr

Off out with my lad in the morning for the day with the worms/maggots looking for a Perch or a Roach;)
Have a good one fella's <",)))>{

Somewhere in Yorkshire (perm one river from six depending upon state of floods), packing for Perch (and Barbel - just in case! - it also does for Chub)

On the Trent edging my bets. I have mashed bread, cheese paste, lob worms, pellets, boilies and paste - plan is one rod standard barbel tactics, one rod chub/perch/anything and finally a small deadbait for the zeds. Only fishing 2 rods at any one time and I will start with the barbel tactics.

Conrad

Sunday is planned for a bit of perching, however, tis gone be a slog following 6 hours of contsant heavy rain here.. rivers going to be chocolate again :(

Might get the pike rods out instead and got to a big ol lake nearby..

Out on sunday with a pint of maggots and my son, my brother in-laws staying over so will probably spend the day getting his float out of the trees!!
(If you see this im only joking) after the first couple of times you tend to get the hang of it, If not your fishing with the boy...lol..

piking - but my river choice is not looking favourable at the moment.

this weather is actually turning me to drink ;)

Took my son out on Saturday for a session but we ended up on stillwater fishing lobs and maggots, him on the feeder and myself on an old sealey float rod with a pin stalking the edges with a chopped worm and we managed about 15 perch nothing big but good fun was had :)

Barbel on the middle severn sat .River looked spot on but blanked. Then piking on the Sunday total of 3 missed runs. All and all not the best weekend

I'm going Chubbing, but on the stick float using Maggot as bait, I have found a swim that has produced some crackers for me in the last couple of months.

I want to catch a 7lb Chub on the float, it started as an ambition which has turned into a campaign, I am still 8oz short but I have had 3 other sixes before Xmas.

Be nice to do it this season, as I don't really want to cheat and have to fish The Lea for a big one!

Piking for me. A couple of hours on the Aire tomorrow morning and an increasingly unlikely looking stillwater session on sunday. Temps forecast as low as -6 saturday night :(

Out chasing Zeds again - second weekend running.

Blanked last weekend :( but hoping conditions will be more favourable tomorrow. Could be a tad chilly though :D.

Desperately trying to improve on a rather pathetic, long standing, PB :eek:

I'm on a weekend off this week due to moving house, but rest assured i'll be out soon!! ;-)

Managed a few hours on the on the upper Gt Ouse yesterday afternoon with cheese paste and bread.

Just got the one five and a half pounder which I was quite pleased with given the conditions.

STEVE

Back