• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Who's going to this?

Daniel

I used to go to this (or the precursor to this) back in the 90s and early 00s when it was at the NEC and called Coarse Fishing Live, or Go Fishing Live, or Angling Live or something like that, and IYCF was the main sponsor. T'was always a very very good show back then and, yes, you could pick up lots of bargains, and also complimentary stuff like little bags of bait, floats, shot etc.

I've not been to it for a LONG time, though, certainly not since its move of venue, name change to The Big One and Angling Times taking over from IYCF's sponsorship, but I see that most of the exhibitors and celeb guests are very much the same (although one old-time regular certainly won't be there now, of course - John Wilson).

Prices have also gone down, if you can believe that - it used to be £15 for one day adult entry. I don't know if that's a reflection of it being a smaller show now (it was always in one of the larger exhibition halls at the NEC) or what, but it's sure to be a good day nonetheless.

As it is, I'm fully booked that weekend so won't be able to make it.

You're thinking of the wrong show Steve. The Big One, formerly known as the Davis Angling Show, started in Staines Town Hall in the early 90s and then moved to the dome at Thorpe Park. It then expanded to a large temporary construction in the car park at Thorpe Park before moving to Farnborough.

Ahh right, interesting. I just saw the AT sponsor and the guests and assumed it to be one and the same.

I guess it's kind of taken over from that show then - that one doesn't seem to be a going concern any more.

Back