• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Which London river is this?

Paul Collins

Came across this a few days ago, first thought was that it was probably the Lea but I don't recognise the location. Possibly the Wandle? Anyone know? Not going to be rushing down there, just curious.

I've no idea Paul, but at the beginning I'm pretty sure that's a London underground train. Maybe a red herring but perhaps that rules out the upper lea?

A far cry from the Wandle I remember as a kid, lived on Wandle Bank, behind Merton bus station from 1950 (aged 1), until 1968. The only fish in it then were sticklebacks!

TBH I quite enjoyed his video , he certainly knew how to catch em . I thought he '' protesteth too much '' when covering himself against the accusation of killing the trout, but that aside he caught the atmosphere and excitement of his urban fishing experience very well

Back