• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Which centrepin trudex or speedia?

Jon Kennard

Afternoon lovely people, just a quick ask which centrepin people rate the best. I know this is a barbel page but I know lots of people fish for other species.
This will be a small river trotting primarily chub reel. Any thoughts above or experience would be helpful thank you Jon

Which Trudex model, Jon? If you mean a Mk1 then I’d say Speedia. I would take a Mk2 or Mk3 Trudex over a Speedia though. I have owned a narrow drum Speedia and didn’t like it too much. Also had a Trudex Mk2 and loved that, although the drum was just a touch too heavy for really light trotting. My advice would be to get an original Hardy Conquest as it knocks spots off the other two for light trotting. I’ve got the one with the “sundial” tensioner on the back plate. It weighs 180g and would trot a feather downstream. You’d get a decent useable one for £100 I’d guess 👍🏻

Thanks Alan a couple of 4 inch here mint £95 posted I believe.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240225_164353_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20240225_164353_Facebook.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 78
Yeah that’s about right I’d say. There’s some debate about whether the model with the “wheel in hole” tensioner was earlier or later than the “sundial” one. I think the former is generally thought to run better. Give it a go- you’ll easily get your money back on it if you don’t like it.

Here’s mine attached to my 13’ 6” Browning Sphere…

ADDE7612-D94C-4AC7-B548-BF0DC12E6745.jpeg
68D49BBC-116A-4A79-9F91-AC1F4DBDC198.jpeg
5B43EA2D-1786-47C3-83B6-786E9A8EB1DC.jpeg

Lovely thank you. So the non sundial is thought to run better? Sorry not always great atb reading and understanding some wording 😆🙈

Back