• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

What was the last thing you bought from your local tackle shop?

Adrian Williams

No Longer a Member
And when was it?

For me it was yesterday and a Map 6mm meat cutter.
It was the same price as the best deal I could find on the net, no postage and I got a cup of tea.....:D
I also got to compare it with two others from different manufactures and got a demonstration, you cant do that on line.:D

Hi men,

Good shout Ade. I was in my local Browns of Leighton Buzzard , run by barbel / carp anglers . Bought odds and sods , but Gama mainline was what I needed . Always up for a chat , and as you say , good to pick up things to look at.

Hatter

I try to buy everything at my local tackle shops, but if they don't have what I want in stock then it's straight back home and on-line. The exception being if they order it there and then for me.

My last purchases were the ESP components for Chod and hinged stiff rigs.

PVA Bags.

On one level the most absurd thing money can buy and a thinking anglers existential nightmare.

Add water and they cease to be. :eek:

From Mike Wickham in East Grinstead, ( no neither he nor I are scientologists ), masses of Maxima. Forget your braids, polycarbons and other carpbelling nonsense, maties, it's rivercraft that counts.

As a T-shirt of a friend, selling riding gear to the noovoos, read

"All the gear, but no idea!"

Rather good I thought.

As ever

Hugo

A decent, comfortable seat...and I got to try a good few others out to help me make my mind up as well. Another thing I couldn't have done on-line :)

Cheers, Dave.

I am in my local shop at least once a week for bits or baits, I never leave without spending a small fortune though, it's a nightmare, everything is so new and shiny, argh...... ;)

saturday ,i was fishing on the sunday with me brother and his lad ,who like too use small poles for tidler bashing and i needed some bits too fix up one of the poles they was too use (i needed too re-elasticate it .

i brought a connector
some no8 shot
a bung

and then had a couple of quid in change so went to buy a ready pole rig ,where upon i was informed i could have 5 for £5 ,now i have 30 or so pole rigs & didn't need the one i had in my hand but i had the change too spend so.....i changed another £10 and brought the 5 for £5 i put the £2+£5 change in me pocket and exited before i was talked into buying a openfaced reel or something just as useless i didn't really need .

i actually have a really good local shop (about ½ mile down the road) really great fresh bait ,and the usual sundries at very reasonable prices ,ok its only a small shop so larger items are thin on the ground .but the owner is great and really knows his stuff and gives great advice & service.so i use the shop as oftan as i can .

Astonishing, strange, almost Surreal (in the proper sense) account of a tackle-shop visit there, Steve. Is it, could it be, I wonder, the result of the water in Derbyshire...? My old Ma drank a fair bit of the stuff, living there as a kid ... has it rubbed off on me...?

paul,
for gods sake man, please post a reply that 85% of can understand.i'm sure your pi**ing lots of people off with your drivle.

My local shop is closed, however, on last visit to garden centre bought a floating tormentor in silver. Dives to less than a metre, hope to catch Bass on it.
Shaun of the improved.

Bait droppers were the last thing I bought from my local tackle shop. Unfortunately it shut over two years ago. Plenty of places to buy '' fishing tackle'' round here but not from proper tackle shops. I now tend to buy from large tackle shops outside my locality.

Better dust my gear off I suppose;)

Paul

Wild bird seed and nyger seed for them birds.
Not been fishing since last November. Think I'm loosing the will to. :(

Back