• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

What Shelter/Brollie thingy?

Sean Smith

As I am now in a larger club with an ever increasing number of waters around the middle and tidal trent I am considering a brollie with sides or a day shelter thingy

I use a Korum all round holdhall and a korum 2 rod total protection holdhall and i would like it to fit in with these so does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks

Sean

I have a Korum dayshelter MK 2 which may fit into what you have, but being a pramhood design, it doesn't roll-up into a perfect straight tube so-to-speak. You need to check out different shelters when erected, either in a store or go and chat to anglers who you will see on the banks. This is the best way to appreciate their relative merits including size. It also depends whether or not you plan to do overnight sessions.

I have the 2 rod korum and I purchased a daiwa mission brolly for £50 .... It fits in to the little pouch at the bottom by the zips and holds in behind the handles. I haven't tried it in the long side pockets.

Looks like the Daiwa mission may be the way forward, Thanks for the replies

Sean

Maybe a touch heavier than you're after but the original JRC Stealth takes a lot of beating. I haven't seen a MK2 but I would imagine it is of similar quality. That also gives you the advantage of the zip in front if you want to do longer stays and it had it's own carry bag. A few of the WBC boys use these and I wouldn't be without mine.

have a look at the Daiwa mission brolley a fishin mate of mine has one and its great.

I can both promote the daiwa mission overnighter and the JRC 60", Im now using the latter after having two daiwas that lasted a long time.

Can't fault my wychwood solace 50 inch brolly it's ideal. You can also go for a 60 inch one if you want a bit more space. Done a few over nighters in it and it's been great so far.

Back