• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

What next??

anglers just toss back, ermmm,
released on bail, and will go missing then.

A carp unravaged by shotgun pellets.????Which teenager wrote this article? Who is the editor? How can you unravage something anyway?

Conrad

I read this in the Daily Mail today;
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...r-arrested-using-SHOTGUN-blow-fish-river.html

I enjoyed the last quote; A spokesman for the agency(EA) said: ‘Some people steal fish to eat and others illegally move fish to another water; we will actively seek enforcement action in both cases. Under new by-laws it is an offence to remove any native fish that are caught.’

"IF ONLY they were true to their word"

Released on bail? You couldn't make it up, I wonder if this man had a shotgun certificate?
I would doubt it very much. I don't want to get all rabid and appear racist but this surely is a fairly major offence under the firearms act and the offender should be kept incustody or is it the fact he is an immigrant and the police do not appear to be racist?

Shotguns? Favourite of pike-despising Gents on "Preserved For Trout" sections of the Wessex chalkstreams until not so many years ago. Saw it done myself, even scrabbled about in the downstream shallows as a teenager getting the vile thing (vermin) out for them (but avoided a pat on the head, but still got a hearty, verbal "Well done!"). What goes round comes round.

Back