• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

what makes your ideal swim?

Just in between the car park and the cafe with lots of Barbel that haven't been pressured.

my ideal swim is right next to the Bar-B-Q at the gathering point:):);)
only problem is the lingering smell in me bivvy of sweaty socks being ritually toasted:eek::D:D

Duno really what my ideal swim would be a deep gulley maybe. Or were there is a nice deep run with plenty of flow.

My ideal swim is the local nudist bathing spot but seeing as its a beach on the south coast I doubt I will catch any barbel... :)

My serious answer however is a nice steady deeper glide between streamer weed on a gravel bottom.

Used to fish a swim on The Thames that had a large hut opposite, this hut was bought by a Naturist club.......this could be most distracting:eek:.

One day they were all out in the sunshine and it started to rain, they all dashed in?................................................And came out wearing see through packa macs!!:D:D:D:D

I did not think I would ever stop laughing:p

Used to fish a swim on The Thames that had a large hut opposite, this hut was bought by a Naturist club.......this could be most distracting:eek:.

One day they were all out in the sunshine and it started to rain, they all dashed in?................................................And came out wearing see through packa macs!!:D:D:D:D

I did not think I would ever stop laughing:p

That did make me laugh. :D

'Others must see our bodies. Get the see-through gear on quick! They will see us in the buff whether they like it or not!'

Favourite swim would have to be about a mile from where anyone else can be bothered to walk to so I, and the fish, get left alone.

Yours, miserably, Simon

Favourite swim would have to be about a mile from where anyone else can be bothered to walk to so I, and the fish, get left alone.

Yours, miserably, Simon

He's not kidding either, even grows and plants his own 6ft high nettles to keep others away :D

Somewhere were other anglers could'nt fish from opposite side

otherwise you get people like this turning up! :D
471.jpg

Back