• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

What a wonderful site this really is!

Alec Hague

Senior Member & Supporter
Just 2 to rods left for me to seek. One came up in a peripheral discussion. One member said there was one on marketplace, which I had missed as I always search TFG, eventually found it as it does not carry their name, as another member pointed out and a third then offered to collect it today, which has been arranged. The member collecting, works weekdays 10 miles away whereas Ludlow where seller lives is maybe 170. Wow, what a bunch of nice guys. Now, a Shimano aspire medium feeder please!!!. Ha. Brilliant hour and a half! So chuffed, makes up for the 4 plus hour journey from ongar to Norfolk yesterday!(80 miles)

I am sure its safe to say it was Cliff who came to my rescue and collected so making this happen. I picked it up from him yesterday , cleaned it up and rigged up this morning. Will try it out next week. Thanks to all who made this work out so well.

Now , one last rod to get. Who has a shimmy aspire ultra medium, feeder?

Attachments

• tsi 1.jpg
    tsi 1.jpg
    197.7 KB · Views: 69
  • tsi 2.jpg
    tsi 2.jpg
    146.4 KB · Views: 68
Funny you should say that Neil. Over 40 years ago I negotiated with the liquidator and bought the magazine title Health & Efficiency. You may be too young to recall that. I also set up an organisation to publish it. Fond memories.

Funny you should say that Neil. Over 40 years ago I negotiated with the liquidator and bought the magazine title Health & Efficiency. You may be too young to recall that. I also set up an organisation to publish it. Fond memories.
Sadly not too old Alec, in fact I often refereed to it in my un p.c 'jokes'.

It was a very popular title and was the fore runner to many 'lads' mags.:mad:

End of story on a very happy note. Took the TSI barbel out for a dip today for the first time. Beautiful bend in the rod even with smallish carp 6-7 llb. Fits nicely between my 1.75 torrix and the sportex barbel. Next time will use a polaris float. Again thank you all involved.

Back