• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Weymouth Dorset

Sean Smith

Hi All

is there any day ticket waters where the barbs are good near weymouth as i am on holiday and fancy a day ?

any bits of help much appreciated

Sean

I think the closest is the Hampshire Avon or Dorset Stour. The Royalty in Christchurch is day ticket, though does get busy. Or theres Beat 2 of Throop on the Dorset Stour which has a few good barbel, but people go there mostly for the 6lb plus Chub. That's day ticket too.

Matt

Thanks Matthew

Can you give me any contact details or addresses for more info

as it looks good to get to but dont know exactly where

Sean

The best person to speak to is Brian Wilson on this forum. If you go to the Dorset Stour thread and Private Message him I'm sure you'll get a quick reply. Brian does all the Throop reports and is Throop baliff and has fished the Royalty alot this season. He is a really nice bloke and sure won't mind you calling him if you wanted. His number is on the Davis Tackle website (where if you look under Fishery Reports you'll find the latest on both stretches).

If not I would say call Christchurch Angling Centre 01202 480520 for Throop and Davis Tackle 01202 485169 for the Royalty. They're both open pretty early I think in the morn (7.30am).

Hope this helps

Tightlines
Matt

Ringwood and District AA http://www.ringwoodfishing.co.uk/ website also has info about both locations, plus there are three free stretches of the Stour at Longham, Redhill and Muscliff.

You can also get day tickets to several other stretches of the Hants Avon from either Avon Angling or Ringwood Tackle (both excellent shops in Ringwood for the speci coarse angler where Andy or Ritchie are fonts of local knowledge on Barbel and speci Carp fishing)

Hope that helps. :)

Last edited:
Why not have a go for mullet and bass, much closer, or go slaughter mackerel on chesil beach, fun on light gear, taste good too! Barbel rods will cope with those.
peter

Sorry for the late reply i actually forgot i asked

ended up not taking any gear at all just had a good rest

Sean

Back