• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Western/Brean Shore fishing

Mark Walters

I'm having a few days away in a couple of weeks and was hoping to try some sea fishing,does anyone know about the fishing in this area? I'd really like to try for Bass on lures or maybe some Mullet on Bread but have no idea whats available. any info welcome.

thanks

Mark

I've been to Brean a couple of times Mark.

From what I remember, the tide goes out a bloody long way. Its one hell of a walk at low water.....
Never saw much come off except the odd 'flat fish'.

Never got onto Brean Down, but that might be worth a look......

Steve

Extremely muddy venue and as Steve says the tide goes out a long way. Water is invariably muddy - I used to fish the area a lot years ago,but that was for whiting, flatties and codling and from October onwards. Conger used to put in an appearance as well.
Mullet - I haven't a clue at that particular location.
I've lure fished further down the coast (Porlock/Bossington area) and had some bass and loads of mackerel at the warmer time of year.

Cheers,
Bob

Mark being a fit lad that you are you need to walk down to brean down , walk up the steps up the steep hill and walk down to the other side the western side and fish from the rocks , very hard walk but the results are worth it , good luck.

Hi Graham, not so sure about the fit bit, are these the steps that lead to an old fort? If so i had planned a walk up there anyway. What can be caught off there and what bait/tackle would be needed? Thanks

Back