• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

weather reports

Used to rely on Metcheck up until a few months ago when even they started to struggle with getting it right some of the time. Tend to now just poke my head out of the window and if it's not too cold i go.

Trevor

I've lost any faith I did have in Metcheck.

Although i was pleased the other day to see the evening temps were going to be higher than the daytime temps....perhaps it was wrong...maybe...no couldn't be....could it ?? :rolleyes:

regards
Richard

The pine cone has become more reliable than Metcheck in the past 4 months...:)

I use the Met office, BBC and and the cows in the field over the road.

I used to swear by Metcheck, but have found them the most inaccurate this winter. I reckon they have had the management consultants in and have decided to differentiate themselves from the rest of the forecasters!!

STEVE

I tend to use UK Weather, BBC Weather and Metcheck. They are all invariably different slighly and none of them totally reliable :(

Some how by looking at all of them I try to find a picture of what I think it will do and take it from there;)

Find the Met Office website is extremely reliable (for where I am anyway) if you use the postcode search function and concentrate on the 3 hourly updates for the next 24-48hrs. By no means long range forecasting but good enough to plan fishing for the next couple of days ahead.

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/wm/

As Will Smith says
Met Office are the best as they supply forcasts to the RAF and are updated every three hours.They will also send you emails of weather warnings ie. lots of rain.
All you need to do is log into the site.
Paul.

I have Met Office rainfall radar in favourites, you can see rainfall (or recently snow)as it moves across the country. The 5 day forecast for you area is pretty accurate with them as well.
Countryfile is also useful for planning your week, trouble I have like most I guess is when you have the time to go fishing the weather is foul, when you have work to do the Sun shines, hey-ho.
Paul.

Given the local rise in temperatures across many river stretches (view the weather upstream!), even a local flurry looks good for a chanced expedition of a few or so hours on most rivers over the next 48. Now will the fog lift?

Given the local rise in temperatures across many river stretches (view the weather upstream!), even a local flurry looks good for a chanced expedition of a few or so hours on most rivers over the next 48. Now will the fog lift?

Yep, that's certainly the snag on the Yorkshire rivers. It's still snowing once in a while up the Dales and there's plenty of meltwater to come yet. Let's hope for a sustained period of positive figure temperatures and no, or at least very warm, precipitation.;)

then come summer it will be 90 in the shade and then its heyfever time:mad:
anyway the trent is calling;)

Back