• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Wasing

John Hasler

Just wondering of the Wasing syndicate on the Kennet has shown any improvement since I last fished there probably in 2018 I think?

Ha… I’m not gonna lie, I’m here because I thought that was a misspelled “Washing” and I was intrigued to see what it was about 😂

No idea about the fishery, but always face first for the other!

Just wondering of the Wasing syndicate on the Kennet has shown any improvement since I last fished there probably in 2018 I think?
I would be interested to know as well. I fished it back in 2010 and it was in decline then. Very hard work but had some good chub and perch and a few very fat trout, but the barbel were hard to find.

Hi men

Interesting to hear how many joined 🤔 . Me and sue loved our time on there , making swims , sleeping in the car , doing the bridge to bridge loop one day , then drive down and do the bottom bit the next . God knows how many swims we crept into stinging ourselves to pieces 😂. Tbh possibly at its prime for a few years , even so not busy . We all stood on the bridge watching them eh 😜

Hatter

Pretty sure below the bridge was on the day ticket back in the 90's........vaguely remember getting a few from there.
Obviously pre Wasing days.

Steve

Back