• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Warks avon

Chris Allcock

After slightly broadening my horizons and purchasing a b a a ticket, I will be fishing the warks Avon wen I get back off hols, can any1 tell me of any good/preferred spots for barbel.

Regards
Chris

After slightly broadening my horizons and purchasing a b a a ticket, I will be fishing the warks Avon wen I get back off hols, can any1 tell me of any good/preferred spots for barbel.

Regards
Chris

Well I fish the WA a lot and it's a good River for Barbel, but as to disclosing where the better spots are, well that would a bit of a risk...even if anyone knew:) But look as to the obvious areas such as weir run offs, gravel areas the normal sort of thing .One thing though that for me is a problem is the boat traffic, so be prepared to fish late or early, and as with most Rivers the Autumn early winter is best, especially for the bigger fish. One thing though don't think you will regret purchasing the BA ticket, so much to go at, so little time!!

Colin... I think that the Mythe Farm stretch just above Tewkesbury might be a challenge for Barbel. Some properly big Carp, Pike and Zeds there though.

However, you are absolutely right.

Hi chaps, I'm fishing here (Anchor Meadow) for the first time soon, I'm guessing the levels are well up at the moment still? Do you reckon there's any zeds round there too?

Hi chaps, I'm fishing here (Anchor Meadow) for the first time soon, I'm guessing the levels are well up at the moment still? Do you reckon there's any zeds round there too?

Levels are not up Carl, in fact they are probably below NSL. But should fish OK, probably good for zeds around that area, but don't fish for them so hopefully someone better equipped will advise.

Wow, thanks Neil. The rivers here are well up, even the Dane, I was expecting the same. Might try for a quick rod race point whilst I'm there too then.

Back