• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Wanted Shimano Stradic

Adam Ditchburn

Has anyone got a stradic or stradic X they want to move on?,

In 3000 and 4000 size

It has to be excellent condition with a spare spool or two

Rear drag, I would prefer the 90's version...yes the infamous Made in Japan that so many ebayers are willing to pay over the odds.

I am willing to pay a good price for a good reel, please pm me.

Cheers

Adam

Hi Chris

Without shooting myself in the foot lower than the typical ebay figures, it depends on model condition, spools etc, if you are tempted to sell one please pm me.

The advantage to the seller no ebay fees and paypal fees.

Cheers

Adam

Adam,
That's fair enough. I asked because I've been sitting on a 3000 and 4000 for a while. You'd be right that it would save the hassle of ebay. However, I've hesitated to sell on ebay because of the random nature of the price swings on there. One week it's £40, the next £120. I'm afraid that, at the bottom end of the ebay scale, I've got no need or inclination to sell. However, give it a few more months and that may change.:eek:;)

Good luck with your search.

I have a mint Stradic 400 GTM RC c/w with spare spool and box etc.

Hate selling any of my gear, but ....:rolleyes:

i've got a 4010 gtm with 4 spools still use it but it is in mint condition,i.e. no sratches etc.just wondering what;s it worth.

Adam,
That's fair enough. I asked because I've been sitting on a 3000 and 4000 for a while. You'd be right that it would save the hassle of ebay. However, I've hesitated to sell on ebay because of the random nature of the price swings on there. One week it's £40, the next £120. I'm afraid that, at the bottom end of the ebay scale, I've got no need or inclination to sell. However, give it a few more months and that may change.:eek:;)

Good luck with your search.

Chris, I don't blame you, the reason for ebay madness thread started with stradic's going for silly money, I am happy to pay a fair price for one.

Can tell you from experience Adam, if you do get a reel from Chris, it will me mint. He looks after his kit very well, puts me to shame! :) I have had a reel from Chris in the past, he is a top fella.

Adam,

I'll upload some pictures of a stradic i have in excellent condition later on. GTM RB from memory (have to go into my loft where my prized gear is kept to confirm!).

Comes with spare spool

Not the newer ones?

Is there really any difference the new and 'improved' version seems to have been well received, perhaps just another Urban Myth Adam.:rolleyes:

Most likely, I am looking for the older ones more as nostalgic thing, I have a good few shimano and daiwa reels from the nineties.

Are they better than the new generation Stradics, it's a bit subjective, are British blanks better than the far eastern blanks.

...... are British blanks better than the far eastern blanks.

Never had a Far Eastern blank, only ever fished in the UK, at least the weather would probably be warmer in the Far East so might make it easier to put up with.

Oh, you were talking about fishing rods, I'll get my coat.........:eek:

Back