• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Wanted Salmon /sea Trout size fly reels

Paul Collins

Had a 10 reel case containing 9 of my fly reels and spare spools stolen last week.
Anyone got anything gathering dust?
Some 7/8 size some 9/11 size.
Older Shakespeare Beaulite/ super Condex and the Youngs equivalents are fine reels but unfortunately the reel seats are too thick to fit on modern rods as I found to my cost recently.
Thanks

Hi Paul
I’ve got a pair of okuma integrity fly reels spare.
Size 7/8
( please don’t be put off by okuma name- I’ve 4 of them in 10/11 size which I use for predator fly fishing. Reels are very very robust and have a fantastic drag).

Thanks for that Dave, judging by past experience I'm probably due to catch my PB sea Trout soon, I'll be in touch soon. I've still got your phone number.
Are they composite or Aluminium?
Any lines and backing on them?
Cheers
Paul

Got one of these with new spare spool, small mark on reel. Partridge Series S Model 1112.
Just got to find it.

Thanks for that Dave, judging by past experience I'm probably due to catch my PB sea Trout soon, I'll be in touch soon. I've still got your phone number.
Are they composite or Aluminium?
Any lines and backing on them?
Cheers
Paul
Paul
Not sure about material- there bulletproof, very strong- so I’m guessing there ali (??).
No lines and there’s backing on one of the reels.

Got one of these with new spare spool, small mark on reel. Partridge Series S Model 1112.
Just got to find it.

View attachment 7846
Does the numbering mean it's an 11/12 size reel? More than interested Bob.
Get looking please.
Thanks so much guys, pretty traumatic having all your reels and lines stolen. Hopefully I'll be able to get back up and running before long.
There are fantastic quality new reels available from China at good prices but for double handed rods they're too light to balance the rods properly and weight has to be added. Sounds bizarre I know.
Thinking that these two offerings will go a long way towards restoring my armoury.
Thanks so much.
I'll be in touch soon.

Back