• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

*Wanted* Original Korum Neoteric twin tip

Graham Hunt

I'm prepared to pay good money for one in decent nick.

It absolutely must be an original, not a vastly inferior later model.

Anyone help?

I used an original Neoteric twin tip for some years Graham, it was one of those lucky rods for me and good value I thought,.....until the reel seat broke.
To be honest , I've never liked screw down reel seats, and the Neoteric's parted company leaving the clamp ring over the reel which had to be knocked off with a bit of timber batten to release it.
I sold the rod to a mate for 25 quid, including the batten 3 years ago.
The only screw down reel seat rod I use now is a Greys Prodigy which seems to have stood the test of time.

Adam

The truth is i'm not exactly sure. The version I have which is the one I want (I broke it on Saturday) has a hook keeper, and the reel fitting screws from the top. If yours have that then they are probably the ones I want. A photo of the butt and the section to the tip ring would definitely confirm it in my eyes.

I would be happy to take both yours if you are willing to sell.

I would swap a 2lb tc torrix built by Bruce Ashby in good condition for them, or pay cash, whichever you would prefer.

Graham

I've attached some images of one of the rods Graham including the rod bag. Let me know if it's the right one - I'd prefer to sell the pair as opposed to just one rod to be honest but let me know what you think.

Attachments

• IMG_20151102_120631.jpg
    IMG_20151102_120631.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 292
  • IMG_20151102_120642.jpg
    IMG_20151102_120642.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 223
  • IMG_20151102_120658.jpg
    IMG_20151102_120658.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 237
Back