• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Wanted: Light feeder rod

Simon Burt

Senior Member & Supporter
Hi, I'm looking for an 11 or 12ft light feeder with a soft action and glass tips. If anyone has a Shimano, Drennan or equivalent that they might considering selling please give me a PM. Thanks, Simon

Simon.. i Have an Advanta (angling direct own brand) 11ft avon twin tip..
Has a 1.25 Avon top and also a quiver section with 3 glass tips of a... 0.5 oz, 1 oz and 2 oz.. never used it still brand new..
don't know if that is of any use to you..

Phil, thanks for the reply. I'm after something a bit softer in action than that and a dedicated quiver rod rather than a twin tip. With the news today it looks like I will have time to track something down!

Thanks Julian! I have had a search around and I suspect that it will push my budget a little...
I remember saving up my pocket money to buy a match reel at Exeter Angling Centre but I think I might not have enough time to get the cash together for their feeder system.;)

I have a Drennan medium feeder gathering dust, 11'6" with 2 tips 1 1/2 & 2 oz stored in the butt. 3-5lb reel lines. Would need a courier arranging. Or collect north London.

Drove to collect a Drennan IM8 bomb rod today. It looks and feels just right. Very excited for Xmas now. Thanks again to those who tried to fix me up.

Tackle Box do an 8ft one, the Darrent Valley or whatever it’s called. Looks like a nice option for living in the back of the van waiting for those winter Chub opportunities.

Back