• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Wanted. JW Young PURIST CL LIGHTWEIGHT CAGED CENTREPIN REEL 4.5" X 0.75

Anthony Kent

Hi All,
Anyone got a JW Young PURIST CL LIGHTWEIGHT CAGED CENTREPIN REEL 4.5" X 0.75, must be the engraved type, they looking to part with?

Hi Tony
If you change your mind about the engraved type then I can help
I have quite a few various J.W.Young reels to sell most are in boxes but I think practically all with the transfer J.W.Young name.
Anyway good luck with your search
Mike

You seem to be offloading a fair amount of (good quality) tackle, Mike. Are you just having a clear out or giving up the game?

Dave

You seem to be offloading a fair amount of (good quality) tackle, Mike. Are you just having a clear out or giving up the game?

Dave
Hi Dave
Not giving up at all in fact I will be off to the river after I have had my lunch.
No it's just over the years I have accumulated a very large collection of fishing items both vintage and more modern. It began with collecting fishing books, I have about 2000 and expanded from there. It's been great fun and I have learnt a great deal and met some fascinating characters. Although I have tried to stop buying I still find it difficult to resist.
It is now really time to reduce dramatically my collection, (famous last words).
For the past few years I have been selling at the twice yearly Romsey Vintage Tackle Fair, though I have had to miss the last two, the first coincided with the Avon Roach Project weekend and the second I was ill. However I will be there on 30th September.
Anyway that is it.
So if you are ever looking for something in particular especially older tackle and books you are most welcome to contact me.

Mike

Sounds like you need to have a clear out there Mike! Your book collection certainly puts my 50 or so in the shade. Not sure if my missus would be happy about me adding to my tackle collection though so will probably have to pass on your kind offer. Might try to get to the Romsey Tackle Fair though.

Dave

Back