• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

WANTED Harrison 11' Avon 1.6 TC

Keith Humphreys

Senior Member & Supporter
WANTED (Long shot I know
:o
)

Has anyone got a Harrison 11' Avon 1.6 TC loitering in a tackle shed needing a partner?

I have recently purchased one and would like to pair it up if possible so if anyone has one they would be willing to sell please let me know what you want for it
;)

Mark Tunley is the man to call but will be 4 months untill rod is ready
Agreed. But he's the best in the business. I've had a few of his Harrison Avon builds done recently. The Harrison chimera avon and the Harrison Avon. Both lovely rods but the Harrison Avon to me feels more like a traditional Avon, whilst the Chimera Avon has a bit more backbone to it...

WANTED (Long shot I know
:o
)

Has anyone got a Harrison 11' Avon 1.6 TC loitering in a tackle shed needing a partner?

I have recently purchased one and would like to pair it up if possible so if anyone has one they would be willing to sell please let me know what you want for it
;)
Hi Keith
I’ve one if interested.
Regards
Danny.

The Harrison Avon is a beautiful rod I have one built with a spliced quiver tip for chub fishing by mark Tunley and it’s exceptionally brilliant. A blank that just bends forever yet has power if needed. Mines done chub over 5lb and tench to nearly 8lb…….. love it! Probably my favorite rod to use

The Harrison Avon is a beautiful rod I have one built with a spliced quiver tip for chub fishing by mark Tunley and it’s exceptionally brilliant. A blank that just bends forever yet has power if needed. Mines done chub over 5lb and tench to nearly 8lb…….. love it! Probably my favorite rod to use
Yep. A classic avon rod that has stood the test of time. Harrison must have been making these for well over 25 years now.

Horses for courses, and one mans meat, etc, i had one and absolutely hated it. When hooked into a fish, it felt like i was holding a piece of rubber hose. Couldn,t wait to get rid.

I have two of the Harrison 1lb 6oz and have used them for years, best barbel on them was 11lb 8 ozs but they always felt slightly under powered. Great tench and bream rods but moved to two Harrison 1lb 10ozs stepped up versions bought from Davistackle in xchurch. These are great and have had barbs to 12 lb 8ozs on them and never felt like I was not in control. This was on the H Avon though and not sure how they would cope with a river like the Trent. They have also coped well with doubles on the Ribble.

Back