• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Wanted- Float rod, suitable for Chub.

William Taylor

I am looking for a float rod, suitable for trotting for chub.

Looking for a 13ft, but could also be interested in a 15ft.

I live in Shropshire, so I would be able to collect if anyone has one in my area.

Thanks.

Graham Elliott

I have a superb IM9 Drennan classic

13ft. In very good condition. The best 13ft rod I have ever used and perfect for Chub.

However. I would want £130 posted.

It comes with original rod protector and can be made up ready to use.

They sold for around 160 originally but pretty much impossible to find now.

Ken Jones

I have just the job! Multi length Harrison blank 15/17/19 built by Leslie's of Luton immaculate little used condition which I bought of another bfw member (Clive Shipam) a while ago to use as a multi purpose river rod but if I am honest it's to powerfull for me .Had a few decent Chub on it and it's spot on but I really don't use it enough as I have better suited rods in my ever expanding collection.Looking at 150 plus postage.If it's of interest I will post some pics.Ken (original post 12th Dec 2017 by Clive has some nice pics in old classified section)

Last edited:

Terry Simner

I'd much rather a first rate second hand rod than a second rate brand new rod. As soon as you put a reel on a rod it's 'second-hand', and some of my 10 year old rods are as good now as when I bought them. But, just my opinion.