• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Wanted- Float rod, suitable for Chub.

William Taylor

I am looking for a float rod, suitable for trotting for chub.

Looking for a 13ft, but could also be interested in a 15ft.

I live in Shropshire, so I would be able to collect if anyone has one in my area.

Thanks.

I have a superb IM9 Drennan classic

13ft. In very good condition. The best 13ft rod I have ever used and perfect for Chub.

However. I would want £130 posted.

It comes with original rod protector and can be made up ready to use.

They sold for around 160 originally but pretty much impossible to find now.

I have just the job! Multi length Harrison blank 15/17/19 built by Leslie's of Luton immaculate little used condition which I bought of another bfw member (Clive Shipam) a while ago to use as a multi purpose river rod but if I am honest it's to powerfull for me .Had a few decent Chub on it and it's spot on but I really don't use it enough as I have better suited rods in my ever expanding collection.Looking at 150 plus postage.If it's of interest I will post some pics.Ken (original post 12th Dec 2017 by Clive has some nice pics in old classified section)

Last edited:
I'd much rather a first rate second hand rod than a second rate brand new rod. As soon as you put a reel on a rod it's 'second-hand', and some of my 10 year old rods are as good now as when I bought them. But, just my opinion.

Back