• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Wanted - DLST pike rod - P1 or P2 or P5, even an X1, Z1 or Z2 at a push!

Luke Hodson

Message me if you have one wanting a new home
I have a hankering for trotting for pike come the autumn 😊
Cheers

Last edited:
What did you go for?
I got a couple of X1s earlier this year but only used them once on a big stillwater but they felt like they would be good for river fishing - nice and progressive

I think as a “do all” bank rod with unlimited budget there’s only 1 worth considering and that’s Dave’s p1 with an Alc upgrade.
theres a lot of good rods from older eras and a lot of specific task rods around but for half a Mack under a slider 20-30 yards out there is nothing on this planet that will touch Dave’s p1.

I think as a “do all” bank rod with unlimited budget there’s only 1 worth considering and that’s Dave’s p1 with an Alc upgrade.
theres a lot of good rods from older eras and a lot of specific task rods around but for half a Mack under a slider 20-30 yards out there is nothing on this planet that will touch Dave’s p1.
Never had a P1 Rich but these X1s are a slight upgrade in TC ( 3lb vs 2.75) from the P1, but same action, slimmer blank and lighter weight.
I have Chimeras in 2.75 and 2.5 which is why I opted for this version. Both Chimeras are awesome river rods and never seen the need to upgrade- they do everything I need on smaller venues. But they struggle with a decent lob on a big lake/ ressys. That's when I switch to the Fox 3.25s, and will try out the X1s for mid range stuff. You can never have too many rods ;) 👍

The p1 is an all rounder. Sits perfect between the p2 and the X1
It’s gonna do everything one needs for the river and short to medium distance work on the res.
ive a couple of p2’s that I use for 90% of my pike work on small rivers. And my predators and pikemasters for if I need a bit more distance

Back