• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Wanted 14-15ft power float rod

Jon Kennard

As the title looking for a good quality 14-15ft float rod suitable for good chub and barbel. Very interested in a diawa spectron from reviewed on here. Gutted I missed the rod the other wk. I've also got a mint drennan acrolyte plus 13ft I could consider swapping but preferably prefer a purchase thanks Jon

Thanks cliff I've been looking at these in fact really enjoyed the cadence videos over this winter etc. I was apparently going to go out in the wye for a day with James but doesn't seem to be happening now. I was super excited by the prospect to be honest. I was hoping I might of had a go with one then. I've got a browning carp match which it's a fantastic rod so not 100% I'm going to get anything much better but keen to have a look.

Hi I have a Harrison gti 14ft stepped up rod built by mark tunley custom built rod only used twice mark has the rod at his work shop at present ifyou contact him next WK if he's back in UK he can let you buy it at reduced price . please check his web site out when he returns thanks peter

Thanks Peter I'll take a look but possibly a bit heavy for what im looking from the reviews I've read.

Cadence are developing some specimen rods at the moment.

Had a few brought to the house couple of weeks ago to look at and give opinion

Last season had a dabble on James WA section. Really nice bloke.
Might be worth contacting him to see when available Jon.

Thanks Graham appreciate it. As mentioned i was hoping to fish with James after his offer but he's a busy man. I will contact him thanks Jon

I have a Harrison 15/17/19 multi float just about to go on the usual outlet.Immacculate condition used only once by me and bought off another bfw member.£160 plus post at cost.If interested I can send some pics.Would have thought it would be Ideal for the Eye.N8ce rod but I have 54 and I need to thin out.

Thanks Ken not what im after. Just picked up a diawa connoisseur off Facebook thanks everyone Jon

Cadence are developing some specimen rods at the moment.

Had a few brought to the house couple of weeks ago to look at and give opinion

Last season had a dabble on James WA section. Really nice bloke.
Might be worth contacting him to see when available Jon.
Looking fwd to these rods Graham.

Back