• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

wader repair

Jason Bean

well my new feature finding chest waders sprung a leak last night and my right foot was full of water. only bought them last week off ebay from fishing mad and they were the bison heavy duty ones.

a friend recommended them to me and to be honest very impressed for the money barring the leak.

so contacted fishing mad who replied fill them with water, find the leak and then send us pics. I did find the leak and it was obvious that it was my fault as it was a tear. so sent them the pics and said I'll understand if you don't cover them under guarantee and if so can you sell me a wader repair kit suited for these waders.

straight the way I got a reply we'll send you new ones today...well chuffed:) I believe the company is newmill angling and with this dealing with them i'll use them in the future.

so now i'll have a spare set of waders which I need to repair...anyone done this before and no of the best way to do it/

cheers

There's a well known repairer near Dover. His name slips my mind at the moment but Bob comes forward. He's top notch having repaired a pair for me and altering the length on another pair.
I've got a pair of breathable stockingfoot waders from Bison. Lasted me over 5 years of river and sea fishing, touch wood I've had no leaks at all. Good value for the money.

There's a well known repairer near Dover. His name slips my mind at the moment but Bob comes forward. He's top notch having repaired a pair for me and altering the length on another pair.
I've got a pair of breathable stockingfoot waders from Bison. Lasted me over 5 years of river and sea fishing, touch wood I've had no leaks at all. Good value for the money.

Here he is... heard nothing but good stuff about him...

https://sites.google.com/site/wadersrepairs/

Dave

Get yourself some Aquasure wader repair, put the waders on a table, flatten the waders around the tear put something flat and non sticky inside(like a piece of plastic on a book) stretch the waders tight and secure/weight down so they stay flat.Blob the Aquasure along the tear making sure you are generous and overlapping both sides.Leave to dry and them repeat for the inside,so you get a double seal.Worked for a pair of chest waders a couple of months ago.There are good instructions in the aquasure box

What you want for £30 Jason?!
My first breathables were Bison's, they sound a bargain but in reality they're a bit sh*te. Get yourself a pair of refurbs from Diver Dave.

Diver Dave does indeed provide a wonderful service but at £40 for a repair it's not worth it for £30 waders. Aquasure is good stuff. A sealant used in the building trade called CT1 would be as good or better but you need to buy a tube for 10 or 12quid and use a cage gun.
I'd second getting a pair of refurbs from Diver Dave, better than new and half the price for quality breathables.

Thing is i’ll very rarely use them for fishing, mainly for working in the river which I was doing when I damaged the new ones which in all honesty what I was doing would have damaged any decent waders.

The shop are letting me keep the old ones and sending me out a new pair which i’ll Keep for fishing and i’ll repair the old ones and use them for mucking about in. I have ordered the aquasure as I think I’ll be needing plenty more of it. So I paid £30 for 2 pairs.

Get yourself some Aquasure wader repair, put the waders on a table, flatten the waders around the tear put something flat and non sticky inside(like a piece of plastic on a book) stretch the waders tight and secure/weight down so they stay flat.Blob the Aquasure along the tear making sure you are generous and overlapping both sides.Leave to dry and them repeat for the inside,so you get a double seal.Worked for a pair of chest waders a couple of months ago.There are good instructions in the aquasure box

repaired them with the aquasure and so far so good!

Back