• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Using UPS as a courier.

Alec Hague

Senior Member & Supporter
I went through parcel hero rather than ups direct. Ups were clearly the cheapest at around £26 odd. But when addressee is added their cost jumps by a fiver if it is a private address. Therefore to a private individual even with UPS its over 30£. Be aware.

Yes they are pretty poor. I ordered a rod from Mark Tunley that they broke by another parcel, tyre or something dropping on it in transit.
Currently trying to claim cost of the rod back from them, I personally will have no more dealings with them.

Yes they are pretty poor. I ordered a rod from Mark Tunley that they broke by another parcel, tyre or something dropping on it in transit.
Currently trying to claim cost of the rod back from them, I personally will have no more dealings with th
I used fedex before, much cheaper and the service is good.
I will have a look at them, thank you for suggestion. Doubt I will do it again but who knows.

I'll add my opposing view I will only use UPS when sending rods. I know the price is around 30 but I have never had an issue with delivery.

Currently trying to claim cost of the rod back from them, I personally will have no more dealings with
I used them with my rods from mark tunley and they arrived ok
I am not sure but I thought I read that they wouldn’t be insured if you arrange it all yourself but maybe wrong

I can say they were very quick with a delivery for me - next day about 250 miles away. £30 I think.
No damage, but it was inside one of those old Drennan triangular rod tubes inside a cardboard carpet tube....

I used them with my rods from mark tunley and they arrived ok
I am not sure but I thought I read that they wouldn’t be insured if you arrange it all yourself but maybe wrong
To be fair, the replacement that Mark sent me was packed in exactly the same way and arrived intact.

They damaged a classic car gearbox for me by smashing the outer casing with probably a fork lift truck but denied all responsibility. A nightmare to speak to anyone, awful arrogant managers. Utter pile of S***e I call them. They don't believe in customer care as its an unnecessary expense to their business model.

Back