• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Using the burst function on a digital camera

Anthony Pearson

I've never bothered to use this function until yesterday. I bought a second-hand cable-release bracket/air release system off a BFW member some time ago and haven't really had the opportunity to use it. So, I set it up and decided to try the burst function. This basically allows you to take shot after shot for as long as the shutter release button is depressed. Using a cable release system this is easy and was a real eye-opener for me. I must have taken over a hundred shots in a minute (I had just caught a PB perch of 3lb 7oz from a Yorkshire river). With the camera clicking away, I got shots of both sides of the fish, some with dorsal fin up, hands in different position etc. So, when I got home I had numerous snaps from which to choose. It works very well when the flash isn't required but depending on the camera I suspect that low light/night shots wouldn't be possible. Give it a try as it reduces the likelihood of being left with a disappointing photo.

DSC02620cropforYF-1.jpg

(Apologies for the 'photoshopping' of the image, but I have to protect the location of the swim)

Back