• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Trotting on the warks Avon? Day tickets?

Jon Kennard

Hi guys not sure if my brother is up for grayling trip yet so thinking about an alternative to keep up my sleeve. Does anyone know of any trotting opps on the Avon on a day ticket please? I used to fish it lower down loads some 25 - 30 years ago! Ideally after silver fish action plenty of bites change of a larger fish would be great to but not essential. Just after a roving day with the centrepin thanks Jon

Hi guys not sure if my brother is up for grayling trip yet so thinking about an alternative to keep up my sleeve. Does anyone know of any trotting opps on the Avon on a day ticket please? I used to fish it lower down loads some 25 - 30 years ago! Ideally after silver fish action plenty of bites change of a larger fish would be great to but not essential. Just after a roving day with the centrepin thanks Jon

Hi Jon,

The only one i can think of is the Manor Farm stretch at Harvington. It's not a bad bit of river, two or three meadows, with the first one not too far from a weir, so there's always a bit of flow. 8 quid a day on the bank. I've not fished it in a while, but there are always chub around there.

JC

Thanks jc i was kinda settled on a local still water i used to fish as a lad. I don't really have the gear for the Avon i don't think I'd have a chance of landing anything had decent if i hooked it. I'll def get up there another tie though thank you. I did fish it years ago with my old man he ended. Up catching a barbel at 12lb 2 less than 3lb ofg the record at the time. I actually tried phoning them today but couldnt get through cheers Jon

Not good is it? The lack of river available to the casual or visiting angler who just wants a few hours on the bank without the hassle of day tickets and being fleeced. BAA no longer do DT.s and I cannot think of anywhere apart from John's suggestion. Actually Tewkesbury does have a stretch controlled by Tewkesbury Popular but might be a bit too far down stream for you, although a good head of silvers on it's day.

I would try Stratford Lido or recreation ground. The Lido downstream from the car park and around the Swans neck bends would be great on a centrepin. Lots of roach, dace and chub there. Both are Leaminton AC £3 day ticket on the bank. Details are on their website.

Thanks guys had a super rough night (unwell) heading to my boy hood lakes so all is not lost. I'll look those others up sometime. The trouble is Stratford is quite a distance from here thanks Jon

Probably years out of date but is the Evesham town stretch no longer day ticket? Used to fish the stretch below it (right bank) called Huxleys too on a day ticket?

Stratford Lido brings back some memories. I had been hammering Santa for my first pole as a kid and when I got it my buddy took me to the Lido. I was determined to use my new pole and set it up at 6 metres trotting a float and feeding maggots. Caught a bunch of chub on what was probably not how I would have fished it normally. Think that was the one and only time I fished there and it was over 25 years ago but a happy memory. Would have no idea where to suggest now, sorry.

Probably years out of date but is the Evesham town stretch no longer day ticket? Used to fish the stretch below it (right bank) called Huxleys too on a day ticket? I’ll
These two are still both day ticket but heavily match fished and the quality of the fishing has suffered in comparison to other places.

Jon, You could try Evesham Common Rd which has been fishing well, tickets on the bank or Pershore behind the leisure centre which is free. This end of the Avon is generally deeper and slower so not great for a centrepin. Best option IMO would be the Severn at Stourport where you can fish the free bit or day ticket on Littleton. I don’t know where you’re travelling from but when the Severn is right (at the moment), Stourport takes some beating

Stratford Lido brings back some memories. I had been hammering Santa for my first pole as a kid and when I got it my buddy took me to the Lido. I was determined to use my new pole and set it up at 6 metres trotting a float and feeding maggots. Caught a bunch of chub on what was probably not how I would have fished it normally. Think that was the one and only time I fished there and it was over 25 years ago but a happy memory. Would have no idea where to suggest now, sorry.
Mark nice memory thanks for sharing

Thanks Andrew yesterday was the day as put in my other post had a magic day at my boyhood lakes. It was fantastic.
I'm likely to go back up in the next month so will put feeder rods in and probably go to tree meadow (think that was the name). Fur a session

Back