• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Trotting Float Rod Recomendations

David Potter

Hi All
I was very careless today and ended up smashing my trotting float rod beyond repair !
It was a Drennan Distance Float 13’6†that I’ve have had for a number of years !
I’m now looking for a replacement that I can use for Dace, Roach & Grayling on the stick float and would welcome some recommendations and suggestions
Dave

Never been a fan of drennan really but will have to have a look at the Acolyte. Big fan of daiwas connoisseur range too. What about the original shimano ultegra too.

Drennan Acolyte & Normark Titan would be at the top end of my budget so I'm keeping a look out for them
What about the Drennan DRX 15ft Logic ?
Dave

The DRX were are very good range of rods. The Acolyte is fantastic though

Thanks for all your reconditions - I decided that I wanted a 14ft rod and after reading the reviews and feeling one in my hand today I've purchased a Drennan Acolyte 14ft
Thanks again
Dave

Well done David that sounds like a good choice. Keep us posted on how it performs. I've got the Drennan Ultralight 14' which is superb. Drennan make some lovely float rods geared towards silver fish at the moment.

Back