• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Trimpley BAA water

Paul Smith 2

Fancy giving this stretch a go for the barbel. Quick question, now you cant park at the end of Northwood lane and have to park in Eymore wood public carpark which is a good trek, especially back as its all up hill with your gear. :eek:

Does any one know of any easier parking areas for this length.

Cheers Paul

Not sure re Trimpley think there is no parking now. The Northwood stretch I have fished and that's easy, park inside gate and a short walk to the river.

Fancy giving this stretch a go for the barbel. Quick question, now you cant park at the end of Northwood lane and have to park in Eymore wood public carpark which is a good trek, especially back as its all up hill with your gear. :eek:

Does any one know of any easier parking areas for this length.

Cheers Paul
No easier route unfortunately Paul, travel light and spend the day mentally preparing yourself for the hike back to the car 😂🥵🥵

Will give it s go for sure. Got this silly aim to catch a barbel on the fly haha
This stretch looks made for it. Someone did say park at Arley and walk down. Not sure if that is a viable option or not.

Drive down to Arley which is situated off the A442 kidderminster to Bridgnorth road turning at Shatterford and park in the BAA car park. It is then an easy level walk downstream along the footpath to the Trimpley reservoir/river stretch. On the way you pass some very good swims, especially around the Victoria railway bridge area. The flow at the Trimpley stretch is very fast so I much prefer the swims on route.

As Cliff said park at arley and walk. I measured on a map once and it’s probably equal distance as walking down through the woods but it’s basically flat. That walk back up the hill is horrendous. I honestly thought I was gonna die when I did it. I was soaked to the bone as well as I didn’t bother with the brolly cause I wanted to travel as light as possible. The second I finished setting up it started to piss down and pretty much never stopped lol. I quite liked all the eyes looking at you from the woods though as you shone your head lamp into them on the walk back. Would normally expect the deer to scarper when they hear you coming

As Cliff said park at arley and walk. I measured on a map once and it’s probably equal distance as walking down through the woods but it’s basically flat. That walk back up the hill is horrendous. I honestly thought I was gonna die when I did it. I was soaked to the bone as well as I didn’t bother with the brolly cause I wanted to travel as light as possible. The second I finished setting up it started to piss down and pretty much never stopped lol. I quite liked all the eyes looking at you from the woods though as you shone your head lamp into them on the walk back. Would normally expect the deer to scarper when they hear you coming
Deer? Bloody big cats if you ask me……..I’ll get me coat…..😵‍💫
G.T.

Drive down to Arley which is situated off the A442 kidderminster to Bridgnorth road turning at Shatterford and park in the BAA car park. It is then an easy level walk downstream along the footpath to the Trimpley reservoir/river stretch. On the way you pass some very good swims, especially around the Victoria railway bridge area. The flow at the Trimpley stretch is very fast so I much prefer the swims on route.
Hi men

Yes the swims around the bridge are worth a stop 😉. Me and sue had loads from the obvious rocks mid river , and returned in the winter with some water in it fishing above and below picking them off in the deep water .

Hatter

That is what i going to do. Thanks

Cheers, Monday for a go 😊 will report back how i get on

Deer? Bloody big cats if you ask me……..I’ll get me coat…..😵‍💫
G.T.
If there had of been a big cat in there it would have no problem in catching me. I was literally on my last legs thinking I was about to have a heart attack and had decided if the car wasn’t round the next bend I was gonna have to put my gear down and have a rest. Thankfully that was the last bend and I could see the car. Had to drive home in my boxers though as my joggers were that wet as were my boxers but I wasn’t driving home naked from the waist down lol. The last peg I fished that night was down the side of the island so was just sat on wet rocks by where there was a pipe pumping water in if I remember right. Had a couple out of there though

It's a weird lane Northwood, long and winding all uphill and then you end up in someone's back garden....the lower fishery is probably the better choice if you are not Bear Grylls.

Back