• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Tribute to Barry

Derek Funcks

Senior Member & Supporter
I'm doing 8 hrs on a boat on above date.

There is space on the boat if anyone else fancies it.

Cost £ 55.

Hi Graham, sorry, i don,t do boats, i get sea sick on the Mersey Ferry :D But if you,ve got any future events planned for fishing from the beach/rocks, i,d be very interested. Thank You. :)

Just a heads up, last year, 2 friends and i spent 3 days at Trearduh Bay on Anglesey, fishing from the rocks. We had a fantastic time catching various wrasse. Sadly, one of my friends passed away a week before Christmas, aged just 54, the legendary Mr Barry Mitchell, how i miss him so much, if there was ever a life and soul of a party, Barry was it. Me and the other friend, Darrell, are planning to return late July in Barry,s memory. If anyone would like to join us/meet up, that would be great. Many thanks. Graham, i,m so sorry if i've hi-jacked your thread, apologies, Derek.

ourcamp.jpg

Baz on the right ( red t-shirt ) me on the left.

If any mods could possibly post this as a separate thread to Grahams, i would be very grateful, thank you. And sorry to Graham once again for the hi-jack.

Last edited:
No problem Derek. And such a good idea to get together in memory of your pal Barry.

Many fishing pals move on or worse still pass away. More so as one gets older.

Barry was far too young.

Graham

Back