• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Tri Tip?

David Oates

I liked the look of the Berkley tri tip, however its no longer in production.
Has anyone tried the Sonik tri tip? Their trout kit is supposed to be ok, dont know anything about their coarse kit.
Think the blokes who own company used to work for Hardy/ Greys. So probably Chinese blanks.
atb , dave

I had a wiggle with one at a show last year, seemed pretty good. As ever with multi tip rods, it felt better in one of the configurations than the other two. However, I can't remember which tip it felt best with. Unsurprisingly, they felt quite similar to my Greys Prodigys/X-Flites. They also looked cosmetically similar the the original Greys Prodigys.
The only other blow was that the Sonik fellas wouldn't let me have either of the pre-production models they had with them to "test".;):D

cheers Chris, suspected it would be a "jack of all trades".
Might be worth a try for the money. Keep trying for rods on ebay but prices are usually mad. My mrs. says I am a tight northerner;)
thanks, dave

I thought they looked like the Prodigy's as well!

Back