• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Trentman centrepin

Neil Kirk

This is a reel which I have seen on eBay described as a Trentman centrepin. It is 5 inches in diameter and 1 inch spool width.

This reel is very free spinning. It has no ratchet but has a brake which stops the reel spinning when not in use. It is in very good condition. I have added handles but these can easily be removed if desired.

This is a trotting reel and Keith Speer told me that he had an input into the design of this reel. He certainly had a number of these reels which he used to great effect.

Please note that the reel seat does not fit modern' Fuji style' rod fittings. It will fit most sliding reel fittings or could relatively easily be adjusted by a competent DIYer to fit modern rods.

£80 collected or will post for £7.50 Royal Mail Special Delivery (guaranteed next day delivery and fully insured).

Neil
North London (Near Finsbury Park)

DSCN0744.jpg

DSCN0745.jpg

DSCN0746.jpg

Attachments

• DSCN0747.jpg
    DSCN0747.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 268
Back