• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Trent- Season ticket allowing nights

Carey Manning

Hello,

Looking to start a few forays on the Trent, would be travelling a fair way so would need to night fish and ideally round the Newark area. Any suggestions of good clubs holding stretches round there, if you need to drive along banks then I only have a Golf so not sure how suitable the tracks would be in summer?

I have looked at Day ticket stretches but by the time I have been a couple of times i would probably be best off joining a club i would guess.

Any pointers much appreciated.

Ashfield angling ....long waiting list though
Day ticket on the Collingham stretch is only £10 for 24 hrs or £5 a day ... that is on the tidal

You have a PM Carey

I just turned down Ashfield ticket I thought £75 joining fee on top of membership was taking the piss
Especially when I can fish the opposite bank for a fiver
What is all this joining fee malarkey does anyone know exactly what the £75 is for

I think thy offer 150 because not everyone takes up the offer... I might be wrong ... but they seem to have a big turnover of members

882 renewed this year and according to the membership secretary, on average, only 30-40% of those on the list actually take up the offer of membership.

Back