• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Trent new comer

Michael Radford

Two years In to barbel fishing now so lots to learn still with help from you guys. I got a Scunthorpe ticket this year had a couple of sessions at lady pitt with good success but cant always get a swim I am in my mid 70s and travel 80miles to get there so early starts are difficult about 10am the norm. Can anybody tell me anything about north and south clifton, barbel prospects, baits, areas, anything would help, it looks like a lot more swims there, driving to peg or near is quite important, not bothered about the big lumps just bites from barbel and a few smaller fish would be ideal.

I'm not sure how much people are prepared to share on here about specific stretches. If you get little response, it may be worth trying the local tackle shop, perhaps somewhere like Future Fishing in Farndon? They are friendly and helpful.

Tbh Michael, Lady Pitt is one of the most prolific areas of the Trent, especially early season, so I wouldn’t expect the same results on the tidal. Tidal tends to be more of a waiting game, fishing over big beds of bait. North and South Clifton both produce on their day. When fishing blind on the tidal I start by fishing the outside of bends, narrower sections or near obvious features. Good luck.

Dunham Bridge to South Clifton to Girton the nightmare with speed boats and jet skis at the moment from 10 in the morning till 7 at night Saturday's Sundays roll on October

Back