• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Torrix 12' 2.25 test

Bob Gill

Administrator
Staff member
Interesting to see how popular these become.

Cheers
Bob

Very Bob I would imagine.

Real move over last few years from 1.75 to 2lbers.

Reckon they will be the Big River choice. Action should be good and far better than some broomsticks listed as same tc.

Initial impressions are good, although I need to play a bit more with this 2.25 test curve.
Have another blank on the way to have a look at and play with.
Will keep you posted.
Cheers
Bob

Be interesting to see how they compare with the Torrix 2.5 which I use for carp and as a distance bream/tench rod. Fantastic rods, but the action doesn’t lend itself well to being a big river barbel rod, imo, compared to the 2.25 Chimera 3 it is faster and less able to deal with heavier feeders, imo.

What are they like the Acurix in comparison to the Torrix Bob?
Not got a Torrix 2.5 made up to do a side by side comparison yet Jon, so have to restrict it to a rough initial opinion and third party info.

The Acurix is a slimmer blank than the Torrix and has a finer weave material. It is a marginally heavier blank in weight. A few people have likened the action of Acurix to a corresponding Ballista. I'd say that neither Torrix or Acurix are large lead casters and the Acurix is shorter distance rod.
The Harrison web pages have additional information.

Also waiting for the 13' barbel rod to be sorted and released.

Best wishes all,
Cheers
Bob

Back