• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Top Barn River

Richard Burton

Does anyone know the latest on the River section, I was a member for about seven seasons but I was told i had no access last time i went to go down, no reasons where really given but must say I really miss it.

I was a member on and off - tried to contact Steve Hitch to find out what happened to no avail. So got in touch with the farm and they just said there was now no river fishing and no access to the river but i could fish the ponds/lakes. We went to a dog show last summer and where once you could walk the dogs down by the river - not any more, with signs saying no access and gates locked. Pity as I enjoyed a few good weekends on the river.

Same here but many an evening into dark after work and weekends, so peacfull and you never knew what would take the bait next, lost some unexplainable creatures down there
Heard it may have had to do with an insurance claim but only a rumour

Hi men ,

Yes loved it there , never fished it enough . The site do not want anyone on the river , making the site more secure . Can let it out now , it did a really big barbel before it shut .

Hatter

Richard I think the unexplainable were catfish - i hooked something once on boilie that stripped 50m off the reel upstream in seconds and had me stumbling up the bank after it before the inevitable happened. Steve came down that weekend and we had a chat and agreed it must have been a moggy; unless it was a massive carp but it left a bow wave like i have never seen. One of life's many mysteries :)

Paul, i think you could be rite mate, no carp ive ever hooked treated me like those have, just slapped me about and left me wondering within a minute.
I had my pb barbel there of 12lb 12oz and my son had one 12lb 2oz, wish i could find another place like it, access to pegs became a problem in the last few years perhaps steve new the lease was coming to an end

Hi men,

As iv said there were some quality carp in the area , it sort of suited them there. On a couple of occations we had the feeding in the edge , a couple of lumpy mirrors as well. We should have fished it more , but in the heady days of the good Teme fishing it was a great base to put the rods out into dark while having a nice eve meal . We then slept there before returning to our stretch of the deserted Teme.

In the last year of it being open it did a big barbel , a big fish , along with a fair few 13lb+ fish . Steve Hitch worked very hard along with Ian Lowe to keep swims open , but its like sending the tide back , but rivers like the Severn and Teme go where they want :) .

Hatter

Top Barn

Hi Guys.
There are dozens of almost unfished water around this area if you look and don't mind a decent walk.;)
Regards,
Graham.

Back