• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Too much tackle.....?

Jason Bean

Me and a few freinds of mine have too much tackle!

It's everything....rods, reels, terminal tackle and luggage

My idea is to donate it to a charity rather than chuck it, give it away or sell it on ebay.

Is their any good charities out there that will put it to good use...I mean it has to be used well and be appreciated, not just a flimsy idea by a local council or be sifted by dodgy do gooders

I will check on any groups mentioned

Me, I've not looked into this before and it arises from the lack of junior anglers in our club and local area (oxford) that would benefit from it

Any advice would be welcome

Thanks
Jason

Jason,

You could always follow George Lockharts lead and flog it on e-bay and donate the proceeds to a charity of your choice ! If you don't have a favourite charity could I suggest George's..... Help for Hero's.....

Am I to take it you don't want anymore packets of my hooks etc, as I've dug out another 30+ unopened packs of match spade ends.

If you want to give it to charitable cause just take it to a charity shop they'll sell on rods reels etc, not sure about smaller items though.

There was, from memory, a short while back, a charity asking for tackle to be sent to be used in the rehabilitaion of wounded/traumatised servicemen, somewhere up in Norfolk if I remember rightly. I have a pile of unused, but by no means rubbish tackle that I was considering sending up to them but alas shamefully never got round to doing. Any ideas as to the name of said charity as I'd love to give them all my old unused stuff?

Kind regards,
Haydn

Hi men ,

The above sounds good . I was going to say Les as well , as anything that gets kids off the streets , and down the perfect path .

Hatter

Back