• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

The River Mimram

Tony Shepherd

Has anyone fished this river recently for Barbel or give me some pointers on,does it hold barbel, who runs the fishing....reason for asking is i am aware that somebody is out tonight fishing for Barbel albeit they are carp mad....but decided to fish for barbel for the first time ever on what i would assume is a flooded river .
I believe the site ran a thread some 7/8 years ago on this river but it never really highlighted it as barbel river.....
Just curious at a new river to look at!!
Tony

I used to fish it for Trout, lovely little river, nice for the dry fly.

Spent several years looking into the river trying to spot the bigger Brownies.

I can honestly say I did not ever see a Barbel, Chub, Roach and Dace, but never Barbel.

There are plenty in the Lea, which was only about a mile away??

Keith you are missing the point ;);)

See my signature. There's probably a few barbel on the M5 at the moment, not caught one there before.

Don't encourage him David, if he thought there was a Barbel in the bloody Mimram he would drive down from t’frozen norf to try and catch it!!:eek:

You know what they say:-

“You can always tell a Yorkshireman, but you can’t tell him much!!â€
:D:D:D:D

Thanks to anyone that posted,from what people say not many barbel in this little river....oh well i will give it a walk in the summer when hopefully we have some clear low water

Back