• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

The River Arrow.

Michael Humberstone

Has anyone information on the river Arrow around Alcester I am visiting the area in early September this year and have the opportunity to do a couple of days fishing I understand that its mainly chub but the occasional barbel does come along. I have done some investigating but any help would be appreciated.
Regards,
Mike.

I am afraid Barbel in the Arrow are a rarity now. I championed the Arrow on here when it did have Barbel, but Otter put paid to that.
However it is a delightful river and well worth a visit or two, Chub are plentiful and even when other Rivers are in flood the Arrow will often oblige.
Beware the river is like no other you have fished and can keep calling you back, if you like a challenge on low stock barbel venues this is for you.
If you are still up for it then I can furnish you with some venues etc, just pm me.

Hi men ,

It was right up mine and Sue's street , spent many days bumbling up and down it watching barbel acting very naturally. Fantastic when in flood , and we even caught a couple of barbel in a little pool that had formed off the main river in flood , returning them to the main flow 😃 , fantastic times that we miss so much .

Hatter

Back