• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

The New Boy...

Jack Pells

Hi guys,

Just joined up and thought I'd say hello. I'm a very keen all round angler, although have been suffering terribly the past year from the barbel bug! I'm hoping to get the news on how the rivers are fishing and where's good to try as well. Would be nice to get out of my comfort zone of the Thames at Sunbury! I'm also hoping this forum could be the crucial edge in the battle between father and son, this season it currently stands at 4-1 to my dad. This must change!

I look forward to meeting you on here and perhaps even a few on the bank maybe!

Jack

I'm also hoping this forum could be the crucial edge in the battle between father and son, this season it currently stands at 4-1 to my dad. This must change!

Jack,best advice to start with is,suss the methods your dads using:D:D

Hi Jack,

try and learn as much as possible even on the days you blank ;)

hope you like it here :)

Hi Jack,
Welcome aboard.I fish the Sunbury area quite a bit so there's a good chance our paths might cross.
Tight lines.
Pete.

welcome jack, you will get all the info you need to help you on here, lots of good advise from anglers a cross the country on rivers ,tackle rods,baits, reports on streches etc etc, list goes on

I'm also hoping this forum could be the crucial edge in the battle between father and son, this season it currently stands at 4-1 to my dad. This must change!

Jack,best advice to start with is,suss the methods your dads using:D:D

haha I'd never live it down if he found out I'd been copying! He's been getting them trotting maggots whilst going for the roach and dace. Only been about 1-2lb but a lovely way to catch them I must admit!

Back